Monday, August 15, 2011

Barossa Valley

Hey all,
On Saturday I spent the day touring the Barossa Valley, which is Australia's most famous Wine Region, for a friends 30th of birthday. It was a great day. The Barossa is absolutely beautiful region filled with hundreds of vineyards, magnificent wineries and yummy, yummy food.
We visited four wineries; Whistlers, Peter Lehmann, Grant Burge and Kies. Out of the four I would say that Whistlers winery impressed me the most. If you ever go I suggest you try the fortified wine Whistlers Mother. It is amazing!

 Photo taken from Menglers Hill

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, looks like you had a great time! When we visited perth a few years ago, I really wanted to visit a winery just to see the vines! I'm not even a fan of wine but they just look amazing to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting April. We all had a great time. I think the Margret river area in Western Australian is popoular. I'm not the biggest fan of wine either but I don't mind tasting sweet dessert wines.

    ReplyDelete